Samstag, 3. Dezember 2016

ColourPop Lippies and Lippie Pencils - Nudes to Browns

ColourPop lippies and lippie pencils are a great addition to anyone's makeup collection because they are high-quality cruelty-free, gluten-free products, which, at $5 USD a piece, are very affordable. They are generally highly pigmented and buildable to full opacity.

The lippies come in different finishes, ranging from matte to hyper glossy to créme to satin. They have a scent like vanilla which is not overpowering and seems to fade over time.

Because I have far too many of the lippies and lippie pencils to swipe and review at once without rubbing my lips raw between swipes, I have divided mine into color groups: nudes to browns, oranges and reds, pinks and berries, and other non-traditional colors.

Today, I am beginning with the nudes and browns. First, you will see the arm swatches, followed by the lip swatches. Normally, I do not swatch lipsticks with liners to show their truest colors, but in this case, whenever I had the corresponding liner, I have swatched the liner with the lippie. As you can see below, not all lippie pencils match the lippies completely because some are presumably meant to complement the lippie colors without matching completely.

Nudes to Browns


L to R: Last Call (Lippie), Brink (Lippie + Pencil), Oh Snap (Lippie), Lumiere (Lippie), Baewatch (Lippie), Wet (Pencil), Get Paid (Liner), Tootsie (Lippie + Pencil), Cookie (Lippie), Button (Lippie + Pencil), Choker (Lippie), Ruffle (Lippie), Mosh Pit (Lippie), Taurus (Lippie + Pencil), Grunge (Lippie + Pencil), Pitch (Lippie)

Primer

This time, I decided against posting a picture of my naked lips for comparison, as the primer is clear. As such, it does not add any color or shine to my lips. At first, I thought that the primer might be a good substitute for a lip balm, but it is more matte than a balm, which makes it good for helping lipsticks to stay in place.

Last Call (créme)

Last Call has a creamy finish and is a beautiful, cool-toned nude that might wash many people out a bit. I really rather like this one, and I could see myself wearing this on an everyday basis.

Brink (Lippie to Go Lippie + Pencil Duo)

Brink is a warm-toned peachy nude that is quite lovely. However, this one, as with my other Lippit to Go Duos, tugged quite a bit on application and felt a bit drying.

Oh Snap (matte)

Oh Snap is a very light nude that has peachy undertones. I was very excited about this one, and it did not disappoint. It is not a classic matte, as it is a bit more creamy, but it is not too creamy and stays in place well.

Lumiere (matte)

Lumiere is said to be a mauve, which is fairly accurate, but I had pictured it being less pink on my lips. It is a beautiful color, nonetheless, and it is comfortable to wear.

Baewatch (matte)

Baewatch is a light berry pink that I would not have purchased on its own, but it is lovely and comfortable to wear.

Wet (Lippie Pencil)

I only have the Lippie Pencil in Wet, and alone, it is quite matte and dry, as you can see. However, it works very well as a liner for my greige lipsticks. I would not recommend wearing this alone, as it would be too drying, but as a liner, it is great.

Get Paid (Créme Gel Liner)

I am honestly not sure whether this was supposed to be for the lips or the eyes, as I have two colors that I received as free samples, and there is a good possibility that they are for the eyes. That being said, Get Paid is a beautiful copper that could be paired with a gloss for a dramatic effect or used to layer with other lipsticks for an interesting twist on other colors.

Tootsie (matte + Lippie Pencil)

Tootsie is a lovely nude greige that I adore. I am so glad that I have both the pencil and the lippie in this one because they match perfectly and complement my complection.

Cookie (matte)

I was excited to get my hands on Cookie. It is a yellow-based light nude that I thought would be gorgeous. Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed to find that it separates at the middle of my lips, where they are a bit more moist. No matter how many swipes I applied, I always ended up with this patchiness in the center of my lips. The primer would likely help this issue somewhat, but as I tend to be more lazy with my nudes, that is more effort than I wanted to put in for this particular color.

Button (Lippie to Go Lippie + Pencil Duo)

Button is a peachy nude that is a nice color, but again, just like the other duos that I have, it is more drying than the full-sized lippies.

Choker (créme)

Choker is a nice, light nude that is creamy and easy to wear. In terms of opacity, it isa bit sheer and almost patchy, but because it is so nude, that is not as noticeable on my lips. On more pigmented lips, this may, however, be an issue.

Ruffle (matte)

Ruffle is one of the colors that I was the most excited about, as it is a unique tan-brown that I have not found from many lines, except my Bite Beauty Multistick in Honeywehat, which is fairly similar.

Mosh Pit (matte)














Mosh Pit is a nice MLBB color for me. It is a mauvy nude with a hint of brown that makes it wearable for any occasion.

Taurus (matte + Lippie Pencil)

Taurus is a lovely warm brown that was a pleasant surprise for me, as I have quite a few red-based browns, but this one leans more yellow than the others that I have, making it more unique.

Grunge (matte + Lippie Pencil)

Grunge is another slightly darker MLBB color or me. To me, Grunge can be worn any time, any place, which makes it a great addition to any lipstick collection.

Pitch (matte)
 
Pitch is a more classic, red-based brown, which is similar to others that I have. My only issue with this one is that itt was much more sheer than I expected, and it settled into lines quickly. That being said, this is the only one that I would not recommend, as it is not very unique, and it does not deliver opacity or matte texture. Then again, I suppose I could have gotten one from a bad batch.


Summary
Overall, the Lippies and the Lippie Pencils from ColourPop are a great deal. At $5USD per lippie and per pencil, these are absolutely worth trying out, and their pigmentation and quality matches that of many higher-end lipstick brands.

There are always new rotations of colors available at ColourPop, but many colors seem to re-appear with different names and only very slight color changes, which is why these swatches remain relevant, even if these particular lippies or pencils become discontinued.


Disclaimer
I purchased all of these myself, and I received neither financial nor material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Related Website
ColourPop:  https://colourpop.com/pages/lips

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen