Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016

Portland Black Lipstick Company Lipsticks

I had been really excited about trying the Portland Black Lipstick Company's lipsticks because they are available in such unique colors and they look like lip balms. As a life-long lover of lip balm, I think I was drawn to these because of their packaging, even though this shape is actually not particularly practical for applying the colors to lips precisely. These smell strongly of mint, which is generally a nice scent in my book.


Packaging




Arm Swatches



My Naked Lips (for reference)



Blood Red

Blood Red is a perfect rusty-red color that I love. I am a big fan of this type of shade, and I am happy that I purchased this one, even though I do not really wear this lipstick much. This one is a lot stiffer than the other one that I bought, which makes it difficult to apply, but it has a matte texture that makes it more long-lasting. On a side note, Blood Red smells significantly less of mint when compared to Coffee, Black.


Coffee, Black

Coffee, Black is a great, deep brown color that is almost black. For some reason, I have far too many lipsticks in dark brown, which although I like them, will not get as much use as most other colors.


Artificial Amethyst

This color came as one of the two free samples that I got with my purchase of the above two lipsticks. This one is beautiful, as I am a giant fan of purples. However, the issue with this one is that it is shimmery, which is not generally my thing.


Chaiborg

Chaiborg was the other free sample that I received. I would not have picked this color for myself, but it has been fun to try this one out, as it is such a unique color.


Summary
Overall, these are beautiful, unique colors, and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for something different. Due to the lip balm packaging they are a bit difficult to apply from the bullet, but other than that, they are a nice addition to any lipstick collection.


Disclaimer: I did not receive any material or financial incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Related Website
Portland Black Lipstick Company: http://portlandblacklipstickco.com/products/lipstick/


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen