Samstag, 17. Dezember 2016

ColourPop Lippies and Lippie Pencils - Oranges and Reds

ColourPop lippies and lippie pencils are a great addition to anyone's makeup collection because they are high-quality cruelty-free, gluten-free products, which, at $5 USD a piece, are very affordable. They are generally highly pigmented and buildable to full opacity.

The lippies come in different finishes, ranging from matte to hyper glossy to créme to satin. They have a scent like vanilla which is not overpowering and seems to fade over time.

Oranges and Reds

L to R: Brunch (Lippie + Pencil), Luau, Chi-Chi (Pencil), Frenchie (Lippie + Pencil), Jingle, Confetti, TGIF, Poison, Cheers, Lady, Tutu

My lips with just a lip mask to prep for the swatch-fest to come


Brunch (Lippie to Go Lippie + Pencil Duo)

Brunch is a gorgeous neon coral color that is a close dupe for Bite Beauty's Tangerine from the Luminous Crème line. Personally, I had been getting worried about finding a good replacement for my Tangerine lipstick, which is running low, but I was excited to see that this is such a close dupe for it. Unlike many of my other duos from ColourPop, this one is creamy and not as drying as the rest. In that way, it feels like most of the normal lippies.

Luau (hyper glossy)

Luau is a lovely, yellow-toned orange that looks very nice, but it applies very sheer and streaky and takes quite a bit to build up to an acceptable opacity. Due to its sheerness, I would probably not buy this again myself, but it might be nice for people who want a sheerer orange.

Chi-Chi (Lippie Pencil)

Chi-Chi is a beautiful orange-red pencil that is quite matte and drying by itself, but as a liner for similar colors, it is fabulous.

Frenchie (Lippie to Go Lippie + Pencil Duo)

Frenchie is a beautiful, bold, true red that is unfortunately a bit drying but beautiful, nonetheless. The formula of the lippie is likely less drying than in the duo, as many of the duos are strangely stiff and drying, but I cannot confirm that for a fact, since I don't have Frenchie as a full-sized lippie.

Jingle (matte)

Jingle is a creamy, bold red that is softer than I had expected, hence the sloppy lip lines. It is quite a nice color, and it is comfortable to wear.

Confetti (hyper glossy)

Confetti is a blue-toned, sheer red that takes a bit of work to reach opacity. It was very soft, which made the edges turn out rather sloppy, but surely a liner would help this quite a bit.

TGIF (matte)

TGIF is a brick red that is lovely and applies easily. This one was stiff enough not to make the lip lines so difficult to define, yet soft enough to glide on effortlessly.

Poison (matte)

Poison is a nice brown-toned red color, but it applies quite unevenly and settles quickly into lines. As you can see, it also was a bit streaky, even around the edges of my lips.

Cheers (matte)

Cheers looked like a basic red in the tube, but as you can see, it turns out to be more of a fushia color on my lips. The color is lovely, nevertheless, but it is a bit streaky near the center of my lips.

Lady (matte)

Lady is a brown-based color that looks more brown-red in the tube than it does when applied, but I rather like the way that it applies quite a bit better than what I had imagined it to be.

Tutu (matte)

Tutu looks like a dark brown-red in the tube, but it applies as a rich berry color. It is a nice, plummy red berry that I think would look suit a variety of skintones nicely.

Summary
The ColouPop Lippies and Lippie Pencils are great, especially given their affordable price point. Some of them are stiffer or softer than others, and I have to say that I much prefer the matte and crème finishes to the hyper glossy finish, because I find the hyper glossy lipsticks to be sheerer and streakier when applied, even if their bullets are quite stiff.

Disclaimer
All of these lip products were purchased by me, and I received neither financial nor material incentives for this review. All opinions contained herein are my own.

Related Website
ColourPop: https://colourpop.com/pages/lips

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen