Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016

Ardency Inn Modster Long Play Supercharged Lip Color in Black is Blue

I had been eyeing Black is Blue from Ardency Inn's Modster Long Play Supercharged Lip Color line for quite a while before I bit the bullet and bought it. Although I do not see myself wearing this very often, but I love how unique the color is. I have a few blues that are somewhat similar, namely Illamasqua's Disciple and Kat von D's Poe, but because I was thoroughly disappointed in Disciple and Poe has too much glitter for my liking, Black is Blue seemed like a great alternative.


Arm Swatch

Even though the swatch was fairly opaque with one swipe, this is two swipes because the first one was a bit streaky, and I wanted to even out the color a bit.


My Naked Lips (for reference)




Black is Blue

Black is Blue is a beautiful pulple-y navy blue color that has a creamy texture and applies mostly opaque. At normal viewing range, the finish appears to be opaque, but in this close-up, you can see that it is a bit streaky. Because colors like this really need to be fully opaque to work, I find that a lip primer usually works well for keeping this in place and helping it reach full opacity without the streaks and without settling into lines, although even a primer will not fix the streakiness problem entirely. Due to its creamy texture, this lipstick is quite moisturizing over time, which is a nice change from other blues that I have.


Summary
Black is Blue is a gorgeous color, and if this is a good indication of the texture of other lipsticks from Ardency Inn, it has a nice, comfortable, moisturizing texture. The only issue is that because of this texture, the opacity seems to suffer a bit, and the color tends to gravitate toward lines. If a primer is applied, however, it seems to help the situation somewhat, especially at a normal viewing range. However, close-ups will reveal that the lipstick may not be as opaque as it appears from afar. Because this is a color that needs to be fully opaque to work well, it is advisable to cancel out your lip color and prime before application.

Honestly, I would not purchase this color again, even if I were to use this blue enough to warrent a repeat purchase. If this is any indication of the opacity and pigmentation of other colors in this line, I would also hesitate to buy any more either, as they run at $27USD a piece, which is quite high for a lipstick with less-than-stellar performance.


Disclaimer
This lipstick was purchased by me, and I received neither financial nor material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Related Website
Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/modster-long-play-supercharged-lip-color-P382250?skuId=1619709&icid2=products%20grid:p382250





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen