Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016

Lime Crime Lippies

I am aware of the controversies that have been circulating about Lime Crime over the years, but I decided to give their lipsticks a try anyway. There are two types of lipstick that I purchased: the Unicorn cream Lippies and the liquid lipstick. Although I have more colors in both finishes at my parents' house, these are the only three that I have at my place currently.

Personally, I prefer cream lipsticks to liquid lipsticks, even if that puts me in the minority. However, I will nonetheless try to remain as objective about the positives and negatives of both finishes as possible.

When I checked the Lime Crime website today, I noticed that the only Unicorn Lippie in the cream finish that seems to be available currently is the yellow New Yolk City lippie. It seems that Lime Crime has moved on to concentrate mainly on their Matte Velvetine liquid lipsticks.

Arm Swatches



My Lips with Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask for swatch-prepping purposes (for reference)


Unicorn Lippies (cream finish)
Mint to Be

Even though this color is completely impractical, I had to have it because I love greens - especially mint. As you can see, it can be built to fully opacity quite easily, and it is quite creamy. Again, even though this is not a practical color, I was very happy to have been able to purchase this while it was available.


Coquette

Coquette is a beautiful nude color that would might look good on some lighter skintones, but I find it to be a bit too light for my taste. As you can see, it does not apply fully opaque if you have any remnants of lip balm on your lips, but because it is not extremely drying itself, you may not need one before applying it, as long as your lips are properly prepped.


Matte Velvetines
Pumpkin

Pumpkin is a gorgeous rusty color that is one of my favorite lipstick colors. Application is fairly easy with the applicator, but a lot of product comes out, so you have to be careful not to apply too much. Really, you do not need a lot to cover your lips, but if you put too much on, it will simply take longer to dry down to a matte finished, which can be seen in the picture above.


Summary
Overall all of the lipsticks are nice, and I appreciate that there are very interesting colors available from Lime Crime. They all smell lightly of vanilla cream, and the Matte Velvetines are quite impressive regarding their opacity, wear time and comfortability. If you are on the hunt for good liquid lipsticks in unique colors, Lime Crime's Matte Velvetines will not disappoint.


Disclaimer:
I purchased all of these lipsticks myself, and I did not receive any financial or material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Related Website
LimeCrime: https://www.limecrime.com/en-us/pages/lipsticks







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen