Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016

Manic Panic Lipsticks - Helen Wheels and Daughter of Darkness

I had been eyeing some of Manic Panic's lipsticks for quite some time before I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase a couple. They are said to be cruelty free and have fairly matte finishes, so I was convinced that these would be a great addition to my lipstick collection. Although they are lovely colors, the smell bothers me somewhat. It is not exactly unpleasant, as such, but I detect something like the smell of dough, which makes me a bit nervous, seeing as how I have a gluten intolerance and have not been able to get any definitive answers about Manic Panic's lipsticks being gluten free. For this reason, I do not wear these as much as I likely would otherwise. 


Arm Swatches


My Naked Lips (for reference)



Helen Wheels

Helen Wheels for some reason looks more red here than it does in person. In person, it looks more rusty and orangey than it does in this picture. This one is a bitt stiffer and more matte than Daugther of Darkeness, but it seems to also be more pigmented and more matte.


Daughter of Darkness

Daughter of Darkness is a deep wine-berry color with a hint of brown. I thought it would be matter and darker than it is, but it is still a beautiful color.


Summary
Overall, these are nice lipsticks that are highly pigmented. Helen Wheels is beautiful, and it is one of my favorite lipstick colors. Based on the two that I have here, it seems that the different colors have different finishes and varying degrees of pigmentation and matteness.


Disclaimer: Both of these lipsticks were purchased by me, and I received no financial or material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Related Website
Manic Panic: https://www.manicpanic.com/






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen