Samstag, 20. August 2016

Bobbi Brown Lipstick - Raisin Berry - No Longer Cruelty-Free

I used to love Bobbi Brown's lipsticks when I was in junior high, but unfortunately, it seems as though quite a lot has changed since then. I bought this lipstick after reading the name of its color because I had a flashback from back in the day, when this was the only lipstick that I had finished - a few times. Because I had read somewhere that Bobbi Brown was also cruelty-free, I felt better about spending almost three times what I had paid in my youth for this lipstick. However, I have since read that Bobbi Brown is no longer cruelty-free because they have decided to sell products in mainland China, where animal testing is required.





My Naked Lips (for reference)



Raisin Berry

Once I saw Raisin Berry on Sephora, I knew I had to have it, because I remember wearing it non-stop in junior high and the beginning of high school, and I remember actually going through a few tubes of it, which never happens to me. Alas, I was a bit disappointed, not only by the price of the lipstick, compared to what it cost back in the day, but also because of its texture. It has a strangely sticky texture that almost reminds me of a lip gloss. Since I hate the sticky feel of lip glosses, you can guess how I feel about the texture of this lipstick.

Sadly, I will not be wearing this lipstick bullet down to the nub, as I did in days of yore, but maybe I can find a good home for it because it is a nice color if you don't mind the texture. I will not be purchasing any more products from  Bobbi Brown, not only because I don't like this one, but also because of their animal testing policy.

Disclaimer: I received no financial or materials for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Website with info about Bobbi Brown and other companies testing on animals abroad: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3127995/The-cruelty-free-cosmetics-make-brands-testing-animals-abroad-ones-trust.html 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen