Sonntag, 14. August 2016

Lip Bar Lipsticks - Amaretto Sour and Cocoa Cooler

The Lip Bar is an indie lipstick company whose founder was featured on Shark Tank for her business venture idea. The orignal idea behind this company was to create lip products for women of color. When I bought these lipsticks, they were $19USD a piece, but the price has been reduced to less than $11USD because the founder wanted to make her lipsticks more affordable for a wider range of people, which struck me as a uniquely socially conscious business move on her part. While many people whose businesses are thriving would be more likely to raise their prices to create a more exclusive customer base, she decided that it was more important for her brand to be inclusive, which I thought was admirable.

Many of these lipsticks are named after alcoholic beverages, in keeping with the bar theme at the Lip Bar. The colors seem to rotate, and so only a select few are available at any given time. The packaging is artistic and classy, which is not something that can be said of many types of lipstick tubes, especially not from indie brands, which may seem more cheaply made, presumably due to restricted budgets.

These lipsticks are very creamy and comfortable to wear, and they are buildable to full opacity. Because of their creamy texture, they cannot be described as long-lasting, but the lipsticks are available in a variety of unique colors.

Packaging

The packaging of these lipsticks is incredible. I adore the almost stained-glass-window look that the lipstick tubes have, and the velvetine pouches that they come in are not only fancy-looking, they are quite practical for ensuring the integrity of your lipstick when in transit. It assures that the lipsticks stay closed and protects them from potentially being broken by heavier object, if you happen to put your lipsticks in suitcases or the like for transport.

Arm Swatches




My Naked Lips (for reference)



Amaretto Sour

Amaretto Sour is the first lipstick that caught my eye from the Lip Bar, and even though I was unsure about whether I could pull off this color or whether I would ever wear it, I had to have it. It is described as a "cool camel" color, which is not really how I would describe it, but the description is creative, nonetheless. Although this one takes a bit of work to build it up to full opacity because it has a bit of slip to it, it is a gorgeous mustardy golden yellow that is much more wearable than most yellows. I love that this is a gold color without any shimmer or glitter because I am not a fan of either. Even though I have to admit that I do not wear this color very often, I can say that it was well worth it to purchase this color to add to my collection, since I do not have any other colors that compare to this one.


Cocoa Cooler

This one was described as a "90s brown," and that seems to fit well. Unlike Amaretto Sour, this one is not incredibly unique, but I was on a brown lipstick trip when I bought it, and it is a very nice color. It is a bit stiffer than Amaretto Sour, but it is still very creamy.

Overall, I really like these lipsticks, as well as the business philosophy of the founder. The packaging is top, and Amaretto Sour is a fabulous color for trying a more bold look. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for unique, high-quality, cruelty-free lipsticks at an affordable price.


Disclaimer: I did not receive any financial or material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Lip Bar website: https://thelipbar.com/innerpage/barmenu









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen