Freitag, 19. August 2016

LunatiCK Cosmetics Labs Lipsticks - Calabaza and Bruja

LunatiCK Cosmetics Labs is a cruelty-free indie brand that offers a modest variety of lipsticks and eye shadows in unique colors. The theme of the company reminds me a bit of Halloween, since some of the eye shadow pallets are shaped like coffins and the website has stitches and a creepy eye that stares at you when you go to browse through the shop.

The Apocalipstick in the bullet form runs for $15 USD a piece for 3.5g, which is a fairly good deal, considering that the lipstick will probably last quite a while.

Below are swatches and descriptions of the two lipsticks that I have from LunatiCK. In each of them, I am wearing the lipsticks without any primer or liner so that you can see how the lipsticks look when applied alone.

Bullets

The bullets look like bullets - how creative :) I suppose you can't tell here, since they are opened, but the bullets are made of metal and feel like they are of decent quality.

Arm Swatches

From L to R: Calabaza and Bruja

My Naked Lips (for reference)



Calabaza

Calabaza is a beautiful rusty-colored orange/red that is creamy and applies fully opaque in one swipe. My only issue with this color is that my lips seem to be reacting to something in the lipstick itself, because my lips itch whenever I wear this for more than a couple of minutes. If I did not have to take off the lipstick after such a short time each time I put it on, it probably would last a fair amount of time.

Bruja

Bruja is a beautiful lilac greige color that applies fully opaque in one swipe. Its texture is very creamy, and I would describe it as comfortable, except for the fact that it seems to make my lips itch. I suspect that there is some kind of wheat or other gluten-containing ingrediant that bothers me, since my skin sometimes reacts to certain products with gluten, especially wheat. However, I cannot verify whether that is the real reason for my lips' reaction, since I can't identify any names for "gluten" in the lists of ingredients.

Overall the lipsticks are creamy and highly pigmented, and they reach opacity in one swipe. The colors are beautiful, and there are more that you would not find everywhere. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who doesn't have any sensitivities or allergies, since other than the reaction I have to them, they are great lipsticks.

Disclaimer: I did not receive any material or financial incentives for this review. All opinions contained herein are my own.


LunatiCK Cosmetic Labs' Website: http://www.lunaticklabs.com/




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen