Freitag, 24. Juni 2016

Nars Lipsticks and Lip Pencils

Nars is known for having high-quality cosmetics of all sorts, and their lipsticks, particularly the Audacious line, are rather sought-after. I have a random collection of lip products from Nars, and all of them are of great quality, even if some of them are not exactly my cup of tea. Others are absolutely my cup of tea because they are among my favorite lip products out there.

Just to give you a preview of the lip products I'll be reviewing, here are some arm swatches to start off with.

Arm Swatches
Indoor Lighting

L to R: Mayflower, Little Darling, Joyous Red, Jungle Red, Fire Down Below, Deborah, Rikugien, Cruella

Sunlight

L to R: Mayflower, Little Darling, Joyous Red, Jungle Red, Fire Down Below, Deborah, Rikugien, Cruella

My Bare Lips - for reference




Lipsticks
The first few lipsticks were part of a kit full of mini Nars lipsticks. Many people complained that they were too sheer, and I can see why, but I like them nonetheless. Because I wanted the colors to be shown as true as possible, I did not use a lip liner or primer, and as such, some of the lip swatches are quite a hot mess. Consider yourself warned.

Little Darling

Little Darling is a very light peachy nude color, which is so sheer that I do not notice any change in my lip color whatsoever. The consistency is nice, so this could be a good replacement for a lip balm in a pinch. This was a limited edition color, unfortunately, but to be honest, if you did not get it, you really did not miss much here.

Mayflower

This is my least favorite lipstick of the bunch because of the glitter. Glitter is not really my thing, even though I do own some lipsticks (especially from Kat von D) that contain glitter. Since Mayflower is so sheer, however, the glitter is not as noticeable. Nonetheless, I will probably give this to one of my friends who really likes glitter. This was also a limited edition color, but it is not too tragic if you did not get one when it was available.

Joyous Red

Joyous red is a sort of warm-toned burnt orange-red that turns out fairly sheer. I really like this color and am a bit disappointed that this is not part of the permanent line. Because it is rather sheer, weartime is not extremely impressive because I have to re-apply maybe every hour or so.

Jungle Red

Jungle red is described as a "semi-matte bright red" (Sephora) and is part of the permanent line. This is one of the sheerer reds that I own, but it is a nice color, and because it is sheerer than most, it is a bit more wearable than other bright reds might be.

Fire Down Below

Fire Down Below is described as a "semi-matte blood red" (Sephora) and is also part of the permanent line. This one is not as sheer as the rest, thank goodness, because if it was, it would probably look much like Joyous Red, which is a nice color, but it is nice to have a bit of variety, I suppose. Clearly this is one that should be accompanied by a lip liner for more accurate application.

Scarlett Empress

Scarlett Empress, too, is part of the permanent line, and it is described as a "semi-matte blue red" (Sephora). I would say that this is more of a berry red than a blue red, but it is still a lovely color. It applies somewhat sheer, but can be built up to a darker shade.This one also needs a liner, as you can see.


Audacious Lipstick
The Audacious line has generally gotten rave reviews, which I why I was so excited to try the one that I purchased. They are, at $32 USD per bullet, rather expensive. The packaging is nice, with a magnetic closure that ensures that your lipsticks stay closed in your purse. The range of colors in this line is also impressive, with nudes and pinks to bolder, more vampy purples and darker browns and reds.

Deborah

Deborah is a beautiful brown color from the Audacious line, and it is very comfortable to wear. It applies very easily - almost too easily. It glides one fully opaque with one swipe, but a lip liner is recommended, since it is easy to swipe too quickly and end up with a very strange shape to your lips.


Satin Lip Pencil
The Satin Lip Pencils are just that - satin-textured lipsticks in pencil form that are wide enough and creamy enough to use in place of a lipstick, yet thin enough not to require a liner or brush for accurate application.

Rikugien

I am honestly not even sure if this is the correct name, but it is the only name I see on the lip pencil so I assume that "Rikugien" is it. It is a light pink nude, which is fairly sheer. It's not really anything to write home about, but it is a nice nude, and its texture is comfortable so it is very good for what it is, and if you are in the market for a good nude, this may be it for you.

Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
This is a very accurate description of this lip pencil, because it feels velvety upon application, but the finish is absolutely matte. The color is unquestionably long-lasting, but, as is often the case with long-lasting mattes, it can be quite drying over time. 

Cruella
 












This is the most gorgeous red that I own. It just seems like a normal red, and it is a very classic red, but the texture is smooth yet matte, and there is not much slip to the lipstick at all. Sephora's website describes the color as a "scarlet red", which is probably an accurate description. Because this is a pencil with a medium-sized tip, it offers a fair amount of precision. Cruella also wears like a dream because it lasts for up to six hours on me and leaves a stain. The only complaint I have about this is that it is a bit drying so I end up with chapped lips after one day of wearing this if I am not careful about applying lip balm periodically. I have two of these in smaller sizes from the Sephora VIB birthday gift and from a 100-point reward or something of the like, and I would definitely purchase the full size of this once I've gone through those.

Overall, Nars does not disappoint with their variety of lip products. There is definitely something out there for everyone, and even though they are rather pricey, they are worth every penny because of the excellent quality that Nars products promise.

Disclaimer:
I did not receive any financial or material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.

Related Websites:
Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/nars?node=1050024
Nars: http://www.narscosmetics.com/



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen