Samstag, 5. November 2016

Bite Beauty - GTA - Swatches and Review

Bite Beauty GTA is a Canada-exclusive color that is a tribute to Toronto (i.e., the Greater Toronto Area, I've been told). Luckily, even though I am not currently a resident of Canada, I was able to acquire GTA from someone who volunteered to help non-Canadians get ahold of Canada exclusives from Bite Beauty. That being said, I am very grateful to that person for helping me feed by lipstick addiction because this color is gorgeous.



Arm Swatch



My Naked Lips

(for comparison)


GTA


GTA is an orange-based warm-toned red that is similar to Candied Maple and Mimosa, only slightly more orange than either of those two. It applies smoothly, and opacity is reached in one swipe. It has the creamy finish of the rest of the Amuse Bouche line, and its weartime is comparable to the other colors in that line (for me 2-4 hours). As you can see, I did not use a liner or primer here, but I would recommend both for more precise application.


Summary
GTA is a beautiful red lipstick, which, in addition to Candied Maple and Mimosa, seems to be similar to Cayenne from the Amuse Bouche line. That beings said, for any non-Canadians, Cayenne would likely be an excellent alternative. I am personally a huge fan of reds, as Candied Maple is one of the few lipsticks that I have managed to use up completely, and I am always happy to add a good, bright red to my collection, since I know I will get plenty of use out of it. For those who are less enthusiastic about red lipsticks, this one can definitely be passed on, as it is not a particularly unique color.

GTA retails for $30CAD and is still available on Sephora's Canadian website (see link below) for sale.

Although I love this lipstick for everything it is, my one gripe is with its status as Canada-exclusive, as I am generally against having products that are country-exclusive in favor of a more egalitarian system of sales. I understand that many companies have country-exclusive products for various reasons related to shipping and customs laws and the like, and I understand that interational companies (like Bite and Sephora) can potentially sell their exclusive products for more money and gain more profit by making them exclusive, but I do not approve of these practices, regardless of which country these products are exclusive to.



Disclaimer
I purchased this lipstick myself, and I received neither financial nor material incentives for this review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.


Related Website
Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/amuse-bouche-in-gta-P409852?skuId=1849934&icid2=products%20grid:p409852

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen