Samstag, 2. Juli 2016

Necromancy Cosmetica Lipsticks

Necromancy Cosmetica is an indie, vegan, cruelty-free makeup company based in Puerto Rico. Its lipsticks are available in a range of unique colors, and they are the epitomy of matte. At the moment, they are working on three new colors, while they are re-stocking the others. The only thing I can say is bien hecho, Necromancy Cosmetica. Sus pintalabios son los mejores que tengo de estos colores tan únicos con textura mate.

When I say that these are matte, these lipsticks are really everything that one could hope and dream of in matte lipsticks. They are paradoxically both stiff and creamy, albeit not exceedingly creamy, but they are thick, very pigmented and fully opaque when applied. When first applied, they do tug and pull at the lips, but the can be built up easily to full opacity. They are a bit drying over time, but they have good staying power for a traditional bullet lipstick.

The only thing that I could complain about a bit would be the packaging. Two of my lipsticks seem to fall apart when I am applying them. Luckily, this only applies to the platic tube not staying together and not the actual lipstick itself being damaged. However, this may be something that has been improved over the past few months while they have been re-stocking and producing more lipsticks.

Below are a few arm and lip swatches of the colors that I have so far. As a heads up, I always do my swatches with nothing but the lipstick, and as such, they are sometimes quite the hot mess. That being said, at least you can see the colors for what they are on me, even if the application is less than perfect.

Arm Swatches

L to R: It's Wednesday, Segunda Plaga, Naked Witch, Lydia, LessStrange, Bonfire Dance


My Naked Lips (for reference)




Naked Witch

Naked Witch is a very light greige the leans more white and gray than beige. It is too light for me to wear on most occasions, but it does an excellent job of covering my natural lip color and staying in place, which is not something that I can say for many lighter colors. There have been a lot of people on Instagram who use this with a darker lip liner underneath, and it looks great that way.

LessStrange

LessStrange is more of a beige greige because it is a bit darker than Naked Witch, and it leans more brown-beige. Because it is more of a nude color, it is much more wearable than Naked Witch, although the gray in it gives it that extra je ne sais quoi that sets it apart from more traditional nudes.

Bonfire Dance

Bonfire Dance is a gorgeous burnt red-orange. This is quite similar in color to a lipstick that I had custom made at the BITE Beauty Lip Lab in NYC, but because this one is fully matte, it is a fair bit drier than my BITE lipstick. I rather like how stiff these lipsticks are because it helps when applying them straight from the bullet. Lip liner is recommended, nonetheless.

It's Wednesday

It's Wednesday is a beautiful, dark, gunmetal gray. Because I do not have any good black lipsticks at the moment, this would be my go-to color in place of black, and because it is lighter, it is a bit more wearable in some ways than black lipstick. It is quite a unique color that you do not find everywhere, and because it applies and wears very well, I would absolutely recommend this if you are in the market for a different, dark, edgy color.

Lydia

Lydia is a blackened purple and reminds me a bit of BITE Beauty's Black Truffle but much more matte. This color seemed stiffer than some of the others in this line, and it skipped quite a bit when applying. However, this is a color that would definitel need a lip liner anyway, so the skipping would not cause as many issues with crisply lined lips.

Segunda Plaga

I think I have way too many lipsticks that are close to this color. It is a beautiful green, nevertheless, and it does step out of the realm of typical lip colors.

Overall, these colors are lovely, and even though they may look shinier in the pictures than they really are, the are truly matte colors that have excellent pigmentation and wear time. They run for $16.00 USD per lipstick, and the amount seems pretty standard, although I am unsure of exactly how much product you officially get in each bullet.

Here is the website of Necromancy Cosmetica: http://www.necromancycosmetica.com/category/lipstick
Although all of the lipsticks are currently out of stock, they should be re-stocked by the end of this month, according to Necromancy Cosmetica's Instagram posts.

Disclaimer:
I purchased all of these lipsticks myself, and I received neither financial nor material incentives for this post. All of the opinions contained herein are my own.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen