Freitag, 25. März 2016

Bite Beauty Mix and Mingle Part 1 (2014 Christmas edition)

First edition of the Bite Beauty Mix and Mingle mini lipstick duos

I first purchased these in 2014 around Christmas time, and these have re-appeared in various forms around Christmas season ever since (i.e., last year). I actually purchased new colors that came out in 2015, but those are unfortunately at my parents' house on another continent, which means that they will not likely be reviewed by me in the near future. Nonetheless, the ones that I do have will be reviewed here.

First off, we have a picture of the packaging, which has remained stable over time. The containers are gray and matte and have a normal closure (i.e., not magnetic). They are great for carrying around in your purse for re-application or for trying another color later in the day if you are feeling adventurous.




Once opened, they look like this:



Top Left to Bottom Right: Tangerine (sorry, the flash took out the orange somehow, but it is in fact, a very bright, beautiful orange), Lingonberry, Poppy, Scarlet, Retsina, Musk, Palomino, Violet


Bare Lips (for comparison)

 

In the following swatches, I am wearing only the lipstick with nothing else on my lips so that their color is as true as possible, given my lips' natural pigmentation.

Retsina



Retsina is a light, peachy nude that I rather like wearing. It applies smoothly and can be built up to opacity in a few swipes. One thing to be careful about, which is visible in the picture, is that if your lips are at all chapped, it shows, as Retsina tends to settle into lines rather quickly and accentuate any dryness. Therefore, I recommend exfoliating and applying a primer to help with this issue.


Musk



Musk is a light, pinky-beige nude that would be flattering on a variety of skintones. It applies smoothly and is very creamy, and it wears fairly well for a nude of this creamier texture. Normally, it lasts about two hours on me before I need to reapply or refresh with lip balm over it.


Tangerine



Tangerine is a gorgeous, neon orange that might be a bit out there for many people, but I love it. This is one of my go-to colors for summer, since it is so bright. It applies fully opaque with one swipe and lasts about two hours of me teaching class and repeatedly pressing my lips together. It also does not seem to settle into lines as much as some of the other colors do.


Lingonberry



Lingonberry is a pretty, bright pink color. I, personally, do not like wearing pinks, but it is a beautiful color, and it also applies fully opaque with one swipe. Wearing it around the house, it normally lasts between two and three hours, and it does not tend to settle into lines.


Palomino



Palomino is a bright pink that applies smoothly and fully opaque with one swipe. Again, I do not naturally gravitate toward pinks, but if I did, this would be a great color.


Violet



Violet is a cool-toned violet-pink, which I love. Cool-toned pinks are much more wearable for me, and as such, I do wear this one any time I can coordinate it with my outfit. This one also applies smoothly and fully opaque with one swipe and tends to last through two hours of class, during which I talk quite a bit.


Poppy



Poppy is a beautiful, classic red. I have so many reds like this, so I cannot say that it is a unique color, but it is very creamy and comfortable to wear, which is something I cannot say about many other reds. Like many of the colors in this line, it applies smoothly and fully opaque in one swipe and tends to last about two to three hours on me.


Scarlet



Scarlet is a deep, almost brownish red, which is my favorite color of all of these. It applies smoothly and fairly opaque in one swipe, but it has a bit of slip to it and therefore, should be paired with a lip liner. Due to the formula and the dark color of Scarlet, the coverage may appear a bit uneven with just one swipe, which is why I often apply two layers. One issue I have had with Scarlet during wear is that it tends to settle into lines over time, so I often have to refresh with a balm after about two hours.


To sum up...
Overall, I love these lipsticks, and for the price of $14.00 (They used to be $12.00), they are a great way to try out two of Bite's colors at once. Since many people I know, myself included, are not able to use up a whole tube of lipstick very often, these provide a great alternative, since they are very small (1.55 g/ 0.05 oz.). Of all of the colors, Retsina and Scarlet are the most high-maintenance for me, but that is not surprising, given the fact that they are the lightest and darkest colors, respectively.

Hopefully Bite will continue to release these for Christmas seasons to come, as they make great stocking stuffers and great ways to try out Bite's lipsticks.

Disclaimer: All of these lipsticks were purchased by me, and I received no material or financial incentives for this review.

Related Links:
Bite Beauty's Website: http://bitebeauty.com/
Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/bite-beauty

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen